Re: sharing an ext3-partition with windows?

On Monday 18 August 2003 6:10 pm, Helge Hielscher wrote:
> The NTFS driver FAQ lists four projects for reading ext2/3 for windows:
> Taken from http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html#3.2
[snip useful list]
> The question is: does anybody use any of this?

At the moment I'm using a FAT32 partition mounted under linux and occasionally
w2k.  Apart from the lack of permissions, my main problem is that there's a
2Gb filesize limit.  The same applies to Samba volumes, if I recall
correctly.  For the video work that I do, 2Gb file limit can be a problem.
Ext2/3 supports 4Tb files under current kernels.

So my question is, does anybody have experience using these programs, and can
they read large (>2Gb) files on large (>60Gb) ext2 partitions?  The docs tend
not to say.

Thanks,
Daniel.