Reading transction log

I need to maintain a log that contains information on files that are read / modified . I was suggested losf, but using lsof does not solve the problem as files opened/closed between two successive runs will always be missed. With reference to the stated need I have 2 Questions.

1) can data in the journal file be of any help to me ? if yes how, ?

2) can kjournald be used in some way ? if yes, how ?

regards
Ankit.