Re: Reading transction log

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:45:51PM -0000, Ankit  Khare wrote:
> I need to maintain a log that contains information on files that
> are read / modified . I was suggested losf, but using lsof does
> not solve the problem as files opened/closed between two
> successive runs will always be missed. With reference to the
> stated need I have 2 Questions.
>
>  1) can data in the journal file be of any help to me ?  if yes
> how, ?

Unlikely. The journal speaks in transaction of blocks. It doesn't
see files. Plus reading a file doesn't go through journal at all.

You might want to take a look at the intermezzo project. Intermezzo
does something similar(not exactly) to what you need. It will write
the change of the file to a KML(kernel modification log) file.
But it don't log read of the file.

Chris