Re: ext3_get_inode_loc: bad inode number:

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 02:37, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> If fsck found filesystem corruptions, and the errors returned after
> running fsck, I would be very suspicious about hardware problems;
> perhaps a memory problem, or a loose SCSI/IDE cable, or a flakey disk
> about to go bad.

Yes, but I wouldn't expect that sort of thing to reliably reproduce just
one class of error, the

EXT3-fs error (device lvm(58,8)): ext3_get_inode_loc: bad inode number:
14827639

error with reasonable-looking inode numbers in each case.

Are these really the only errors you're getting?

--Stephen