Re: bad performance on 2.4.23

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> hi,
>
> - big and ugly mail. If you don't like them, delete it now :-) -
>
> I have collected and classified some information of:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~rwhron/kernel/bigbox.html
>
> And I observed that ext3 performance is worse than previous
> kernels(2.4.19...). -ac and -aa are here only as reference.

Judith Lebzelter of OSDL was very kind and he included the
kernel 2.4.23, versus .18 .19 .20, in his tiobench tests:

Plots of the resuls, 2CPU/1G RAM, are at:
http://developer.osdl.org/judith/tiobench/2.4_only_plots/

In 'Sequential Writes' all fs(ext2, ext3 and reiser) got *worse*
throughput. In 'Random Writes' they only lost little points,
but max latency is increased. Others results are much better than
previous kernels.