Re: Ext3 strangeness data loss

> > Do You know about if there is a mode switch for RAID-1 setup (my case is
> > evms-raid) to do this comparision?
> > This makes sense as an option for debuging and for high availability
> > production also.
>
> No there isn't, on any RAID systems that I'm aware of.

This really breaks my confidence in RAID-1 mirrors.
Would the situation get better with a four disk RAID-5?
As I imagine, it should...
I prefer definitive errors than unknown failures.
Then it gets show up as a disk error, not as random segfaults.

If this phenomena is HW error, should it be logged anywhere?
I didn't find anything in syslog...

I will stop this thread, really, it gets out of the list's topic...

Thanks for all your help!

viktor