RE: Why does old kernel boot when new kernel installed?

Hello,

Yes - verified with uname -a

Our tech support are Linux/UNIX professionals & are baffled - I am hoping
for some help here, I am emailing as they don't have the time, look after
over 100 servers, we only run 12 so I try to dig ....

Apologies if trivial & timewasting but important for us - surely someone can
tell me why GRUB only shows the single kernel when 3 are there?

Last night I did kernel upgrades of 3 other machines & all went through just
fine ..... only this 1 machine has this problem?

In answer - only 1 grub.conf

<snip>
[root ns5 nico]# whereis grub.conf
grub: /sbin/grub /etc/grub.conf /usr/share/grub
/usr/share/man/man8/grub.8.gz
[root ns5 nico]#
</snip>

Any help would still be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Nico Morrison
nico morrison micronicos com
Micronicos Limited  -  London, UK.
Tel: +44 20 8870 8849 Fax: +44 20 8870 5290