Re: Bug moving file over link?

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 20:34, Ben Escoto wrote:

> I try to move a file over a hard linked copy of itself and the move
> fails, but there is no error.  Is this the intended behavior?

Yes.  It's horrible, but the SingleUnix Specification requires it.  From
the spec for rename(), at
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/rename.html ---

    If the old argument and the new argument resolve to the same
    existing file, rename() shall return successfully and perform no
    other action.