Re: XFS vs. ext3

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 09:04, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what was the configuration of the Samba server?  How
> much memory, CPU, disks, etc.?  Specifically, was it an SMP machine?
>
>                                         - Ted

Personally, I couldn't imagine a UP box, unless really fast with HT,
handling a load like that, unless the RAID5 set is done in hardware, but
even then, a fast bus would still be necessary, as well as a fast set of
IO paths. To best support that, I'd guess at least DP.

--
Austin Gonyou <austin coremetrics com>
Coremetrics, Inc.