Re: XFS vs. ext3

On Wednesday February 26, akpm digeo com wrote:

> ext3 does not just forget to write stuff to disk.
>
> I'd be suspecting raid5 personally.  Ext3 seems to like breaking raid.
>
> And raid has been known to break ext3 too, but ext3 is ahead ;)

Them's fight'n words!!

Symbolic debuggers at 20 paces - dawn tomorrow !!

(Fortuantely we live in different timezones :-)

I was all set to blame samba myself...

The only symptom mentioned so far, part from incomplete files, is:

 >> error: //N/N/fred1/stress/out.0005.cin: Invalid argument

We need to know what samba is experiening that causes this mesage to
appear.

NeilBrown