Re: ext3 corruption with vanilla kernel 2.4.19?

Nicola Ragozzino <nicola ragozzino hp com> writes:

> Question two: It was just an unluckly coincidence or there is some know
> incompatibility between RH 8.0 and vanilla kernels on ext3?

I've been having file system corruption on a system with two Maxtor
120GB drives (Maxtor 4G120J6). Alan Cox suggested errors in the PDC20262
(Promise ATA66 controller) - but your posting here suggests that there
is something fishy with the Maxtor drives and kernels > 2.4.18 (on my
system, 2.4.18 runs fine - everything else eats my data).

When your neverending fsck ends, try 2.4.18. You might want to report
this on lkml.

--
Per Andreas Buer