Re: ext3 corruption with vanilla kernel 2.4.19?

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 10:39, Jan Nieuwstad wrote:

> I did have major problems compiling vanilla kernels on recent
> RedHat distributions until I discovered that
> /usr/include/linux (or something like that) is NOT a symlink to
> /usr/src/linux/include anymore.

Right --- the direct use of kernel headers in user-space include files
has been deprecated for some time.

However, that shouldn't be an issue here --- some user-space libraries
or header files reference /usr/include/linux, but the kernel should be
completely self-contained and shouldn't be referencing any user-space
headers (and indeed, I build kernels all the time on various different
Red Hat versions without problem.)

--Stephen