Re: e2image: tools for sparse files & e2sfck support

Hi Theodore,
* Theodore Ts'o <tytso mit edu> [08. Jan. 2003]:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:08:04PM +0100, Gregor Zattler wrote:
[...]
> >     a) Is e2fsck now able to use (raw) e2images while repairing ext2
> >        file systems?
[...]
> However, while you could allow e2fsck to "fix" the problems it finds
> in the raw e2image, this wouldn't actually help you fix the problem
> found in the original filesystem.

Is there any intention to develop e2fsck in this direction?
I thought of providing a backup of a file systems meta data
as a cheap and easy means to support repairing it when it got
corrupted!?

Thank you for your extensive answer,
Gregor