ext3fs still uses sequential search of file names in directories?

I am trying to determine the optimal filesystem for accessing large numbers of files (25,000+) in a single directory.  I have read that ext3fs uses a sequential search algorithm and wanted to verify that this was still indeed the case since this article was published a year ago.

http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1154&nIdPage=7

Thanks for the help.

-Parker