Re: ext3fs still uses sequential search of file names in directories?

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 22:43, Parker Johnson shaped the electrons to
shout:
> I am trying to determine the optimal filesystem for accessing large
> numbers of files (25,000+) in a single directory.  I have read that
> ext3fs uses a sequential search algorithm and wanted to verify that
> this was still indeed the case since this article was published a year
> ago.
>
> http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1154
> <http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1154&nIdPage=7> &nIdPage=7

I'm the author of the article, so I should answer first :-)

Now you have HTREE. Yes, it's "backward compatible".

Regards,

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34