Re: e2fsck too old / ext3 HTREE errors

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 23:31, Christian wrote:

> ok, since i'll stick to 2.4.18 i want to disable HTREE indexes. but
> please, can you/sb. enlighten me and tell me how to do this. the
> manpages for mkfs.ext3 says nothin about htree :-(

Htree is designed to be fully forwards- and backwards-compatible, so in
theory moving between htree- and non-htree kernels should never be a
problem.  And since the main 2.4 kernel tree simply does not have any
htree code, you shouldn't have any problems at all, even if the
filesystem was created with a flag saying that it is htree-capable.