Re: ext3 and quota still problematic?

IMHO, if you have to use quota, don't use ext3 yet. I've been testing a lot with -ac kernels for over a year now on moderately loaded servers, allways having deadlocks as a final result. If you need to use quota, then keep using ext2, or if you want a jounaled fs with quota, people say xfs is a good choice. From my personal experience, I can say that reiserfs does a very good job with quota, but people doesn't seem to like reiserfs very much I don't know why. I'm gonna be very happy when ext3 works fine with quota, but if you want it for a production server, this is not the time yet.

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 03:32, Matt Bernstein wrote:
On Jul 17 Noèl Köthe wrote:

>Were there any merges with -ac in this direction in 2.4.21 so it might
>be fixed?
>Will there be merges in the future?
>Does kernel 2.6.x also have this problem?

Wait for 2.4.22--I'm guessing early September. I'm running 2.4.21-ac4 on
my big fileserver.

2.6.0-test1 is "fixed" in this regard.

HTH,

Matt