RE: Seriously corrupt ext3 root filesystem - help?

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > If gpart showed that the partition tables are OK, then this also
> > means that your ext3 backup superblocks are available. You should
> > force e2fsck to use one of the backups with -b 32768 (or whatever a
> > backup superblock location is).

Unfortunately using alternate superblocks isn't helping at all; I keep
getting the same errors I get when using the primary superblock.

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:03:33 -0700, "Hattie Rouge"
<redhat netgods us> said:
> ...and if this doesn't do it, isn't the next step to fix corruption in
> the inode group (or something to do with groups).

How do I fix corruption in the inode group?

I can't even get 'fsdebug' to do ANYTHING with the filesystem unless I
open it in "catastrophic mode" (-c), which of course prevents me from
being able to make any changes to the FS.

Thanks,
Eddy

                          or over the web