Re: boot: ext3 fs not supported by kernel

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:30:34PM +0200, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Well, this would mean to recompile the kernel, which shouldn't be
> necessary IMO.
>
> Usually the following line gives me maximum performance:
>
> hdparm -d1 -c3 -m16 -u1 -a64 -A1 (and possibly -W1, but it could be
> dangerous especially wiht journalled FS).

What about the hdparm -X parameters for Ultra-DMA setup?  My
understanding is that the DMA-chipset specific codes would set these
correctly if necessary, but I'm not sure I'd want to mess with them
myself.  (Again, this is why outside my area of expertise; all of the
Linux developers who spends too much time working in the IDE space
seems to go insane, and I want to avoid that outcome.  :-)

						- Ted