Re: htree and nfs benchmarks

On the plus side however I ran an e2fsck on it after the test
and it didn't find any problems with the filesystem.

Steve

kwijibo zianet com wrote:

Well here is what I got from testing htree with NFS.

http://labs.zianet.com/benchmarks_html/postmark_benchmarks_NFS_100_htree.html

It looks like htree improves performance when the storage device is local(as per
my previous post) but it looks like htree degrades performance when used in conjunction
with NFS. I am going to try it with gigabit ethernet when I get the time to see if
maybe I am possibly hitting some sort of weird network bottleneck.

Steve