How to determine FS is in consistent state.

hi all...

I intend to write a snapshot module for Ext2/3 file-systems.
For that i need to make sure that FS is in consistent state before taking snapshot.

For ex. in case of UFS, the superblock has a fs_clean flag which is set to be FSSTABLE to tell that its in consistent state. (otherwise its set to FSACTIVE)

I m not able to find any such information for Ext2/Ext3.

Pls, let me know if you have any clue/info on this aspect.

Thanks & Regards,
Satish Singhal
E-Mail: satish_single hotmail com

Take this online tour. Win an HCL Beanstalk PC. http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/hclbeanstalktour/amazing_winxp.html