How to determine Ext2/3 FileSystem state ?

hi all,

I intend to write a snapshot module for Ext2/3 file-systems.
For that i need to make sure that FS is in consistent state before taking snapshot.

For ex. in case of UFS, the superblock has a fs_clean flag which is set to be
FSSTABLE to tell that its in consistent state. (otherwise its set to FSACTIVE)

I m not able to find any such information for Ext2/Ext3.
(The superblock does have a s_state flag, but that just tells whether file-system
was cleanly unmounted or not.)

Pls, let me know if you have any clue/info on this aspect.

 Thanks & Regards,
 Satish Singhal
 E-Mail: satish_single hotmail com

Are you Unmarried? Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d