cannot write/delete as root

Hello all...

I have RH7.2, with ext3 filesystem.

My problem is:

It is not possible to write or delete and change owner or permission in
/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES
Also, I can´t write/delete files in this directory, and also in  ../locale/ga/

Therefore I cannot upgrade to RH8.0, because installer needs to write to this directory,
but he cannot.
Owner of ../ga/LC_MESSAGES is root, group is also root. Permissions are 755.

For example in /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES, I can write/delete, and parameters
are the same. Permissions 755, owner/group is root/root.

I also have tried to check the ext3 filesystem with fsck, but all seems ok.

Thank you for response.

Juraj.