Re: Updated 2.4 htree patches available for 2.4.21-pre5

On Thursday 13 March 2003 10:35, Norbert Preining wrote:

Hi Norbert,

> Is there anything special I have to do besides patching the kernel?
> Special mount options for htree etc.
No. Mount option got removed some time ago. The only thing you have to do to
use htree is "debugfs -w -R "features +dir_index" /dev/bla3" and force an
fsck after it. NOTE: The partition must be mounted either readonly or
unmounted.

> What are the *recommended* ext{2,3} mount options with this patch?
I don't use htree for important partitions yet. Just for SQUID Proxy cache.
Mount options are these: nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback

If you want to play with the Orlov block allocator, you have to specify
"orlov" as a mount option.

ciao, Marc