Is it safe to run "tune2fs -j" on a mounted filesystem?

All --

I'm curious is if it safe or even wise to run the following command on a
mounted filesystem, namely root (/)?
  tune2fs -j /dev/hda1

What about if someone goes into single user mode and runs this first?
  mount -o remount,ro /

And then to enable it, runs this?
  mount -t ext2 -o remount,rw /

I assume it is not safe to do so, but one user in my LUG assumes
otherwise.  Just curious, as I never like to assume.

--
Bryan J. Smith        (suffix-free title for your protection)
mailto:b j smith ieee org                http://www.thebs.org