From: Matt Dickinson [mailto:lists alpha345 com]
Sent: giovedì 20 marzo 2003 0.34
To: ext3-users redhat com
Subject: Kernel drive_cmd error messages

Hi

I realise this isn't strictly ext3 related, but I'm trying to find the
meanings to some error messages that have started appearing in
/var/log/messages on a RH73 system after a recent kernel upgrade (from
2.4.18-19.7 to 2.4.18-27.7). The kernel itself hasn't been modified, and is
the stock RH release.

The error messages in question are:

Mar 19 23:21:26 spike kernel: hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Mar 19 23:21:26 spike kernel: hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError
}

I've tried finding a suitable resource on the web detailing what the
messages mean, can anyone provide a link to a useful resource?

Thanks in advance,

Matt