RE: So, what about stable quota support in ext3fs?

We've used XFS in some of the servers where we needed to implement
quotas. I was really dissappointed to see that XFS was not as stable as
we wished. The problems we had was also related with hardware problems
like disk failure. xfs_repair/check utilities did not work.  It was a
filesystem corruption.
Now we moved these servers to ext3 filesystem and we did not met any
serious problems. The quotas seem to be working well.

I also have a question; (We had these kind of problems while we have
been using XFS, and we still have)
Quota for some users shows much greater than the size of the files they
owned on the filesystem. For example ;

[root mail root]# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sdb1 on /var/spool/mail type ext3 (rw,usrquota)
[root mail root]# quota -u XXX
Disk quotas for user XXX (uid 20561):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
      /dev/sdb1   10276   20000   22000               1       5      10

[root mail root]# find /var/spool/mail/ -user XXX
/var/spool/mail/XXX
[root mail root]# ls -lh /var/spool/mail/XXX
-rw-------    1 XXX  users         32k Mar 28 09:52 /var/spool/mail/XXX
[root mail root]#

What may cause this? And what may be the solution ?

System Specs
OS : RH 7.3
Kernel : 2.4.18-26.7.xsmp
Filesystem Size (/dev/sdb1) : 106 GB