mount: error 22 mounting ext3

I am running RH 9.0 with Grub. I just added an additional "old" drive from
another system which has Win98 (fat32) and RH 7.2 (ext2) installed. However,
now when I boot up, I am getting the following errors:

ext3: No journal on filesystem ide3(34,7)
mount: error 22 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
umount /initrd/proc failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

My assumption is that ext3 doesn't recognize the partitions on the
additional drive, but how do I convert the ext2 to ext3 if the system won't
boot past the kernel. Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew Chen