Re: Maximum file size??

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 17:44, Cavanagh, Kevin B wrote:
> I'm running Redhat Linux V8.0 using ext3 file system and I'm wondering
> what the maximum file size allowed is?  I've got some potentially
> humunguous logfiles I need to store that could likely be around 4-8GB
> per day and just want to make sure I don't run into problems.

This raises another question in my head...
Programs that log and sync the log file - the main example being syslog
- tend to exhibit significant performance problems when appending to
huge log files.
Would this effect be mitigated at all by a data journaling mode?

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]