Re: ext2/ext3 directory handling

Andreas Gietl <a gietl e-admin de> wrote:

>  htrees should speed up your directories i think, but they are not stable yet,
>  as far as i know.

htree seems to be stable in 2.5.  No known problems, anyway.  If the 2.4
version has everything in it (I assume it does) then that would be stable
now too.  I wouldn't recommend being the first to run it in production
though ;)

It may well be that these problems of big, fragmented, slowly-grown
directories are largely solved by htree - it doesn't scan all the blocks.