Re: data=journal or data=writeback for NFS server

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 22:52, Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> The NFS HOWTO recommends mounting with data=journal and I've been
> considering using that because it has been described as giving the best
> performance for a NFS server under a heavy read & write load.

It should help if you are running the NFS server as a sync export.  I
_think_ that Red Hat 7.3 defaulted to async (iirc 8.0 was the first one
to default to sync exports.)  I wouldn't expect data=journal to improve
async export performance at all.

--Stephen