Re: Assertion failure in journal_flush()

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 05:05, Andrew Morton wrote:

> ext3_mark_recovery_complete() doesn't do that.

No, but in this case we have already mounted the fs readonly, so we
shouldn't be getting new transactions; and journal_flush _does_ deal
with waiting for old transactions to complete.

Hmm.  ext3_remount does set MS_RDONLY before we get this far, but it is
probably still possible for us to race here.

Al, what is there to stop an open(O_RDWR) from racing against a
do_remount(MS_RDONLY)?

--Stephen