Re: ext3

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 17:42, abhishek patel wrote:
> Hi all . Can anyone tell me what are the other advantages of using
> ext3 over ext2 other than fast fast recovery on crashes

ext3 was designed to be a minimal change to ext2, offering journaling
for fast recovery but no other new features.

ext3 therefore has largely the same features as ext2: things like ACLs
in the 2.6 ext2 tree are in ext3 too.

The only other things I can think of that mark ext3 out over ext2 are
that the ext3 default ordered journaling mode provides guarantees
against seeing "stale" data in a file after a crash; and that the
"htree" fast directory indexing code in 2.6's ext3 is not in ext2.