Re: ext3 on RAID1 gains very little?

On 29 Oct 2003, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 02:33, Vijayan Prabhakaran wrote:
>
>> under what journaling mode you're running ext3 - data=journal or
>> data=ordered ?
>
> Shouldn't make much difference for read-only jobs like starting a
> login session.
>
> Were you using exactly the same kernel in each case?

Yes. 2.6.0-test7 plus a little bit, which I had on there for a while
prior to the change-over, and am still using now.

I don't believe there have been any substantial changes to the
anticipatory IO scheduler, or the IDE or MD layers since then.

    Daniel

--
As in Rome there is, apart from the Romans, a population of statues, so apart
from this real world there is a world of illusion, almost more potent, in