RE: Question about EXT3 error messages in /var/log/messages

>Also, I'm not sure exactly how to directly get the directory name for an
>inode, but you can list the contents of that directory, and go from
>there.

If the inode table is not corrupted, even if it may be time consuming,
you can use the -inum switch of find comand, for each file system involved.

gcecchi pc-gcecchi:~$ ll -lid /home/gcecchi
776220 drwx------  73 gcecchi users 4096 Apr 15 08:37 /home/gcecchi/

gcecchi pc-gcecchi:/tmp# find /home -inum 776220
/home/gcecchi

Gianluca