Re: [patch] Re: stalled 'sync' on ext3+quota over drbd

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 18:57, Jan Kara wrote:

>   For 2.4 I think your patch is the best solution. Please push it. For
> 2.6 I've written a patch which implements per-sb lists of dirty dquots

That's only part of the problem: a million dquots on a single sb will
still show this performance degradation currently.  Rotating the list
head after each progress will make sure that even if we are processing
unnecessary dquots, we at least do so only once per sync (which is way
better than 0.5*N^2 times!)

But I'll push the bits to Marcelo, thanks.