Re: AW: Problem with more than 1T B

boy, if you really care about your problem, *USE* ext3-users: > oh, and please respond on-list, perhaps other ppl are curious > about some details too ;)

really.

Tobias Amon schrieb:
Hi,
I use e2fsprogs version 1.5.2 (I think)

http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/ exists, latest version is 1.35.

I got another solution. Yast, which came with Suse
is not able to create partitions larger than 2 TB
the "parted" tool can do so.

???
this doesn't make any sense. when using "mkfs.*", you are supposed to already *have* created such a large partition. once this is done, you can format it.

So I have to make partitions manually and format them with "mke2fs"

man mkfs.ext3.

hoping not to feed the troll,
Christian.