ext2online production ready?

hello,
on Slackware 9.1 I have e2fsprogs 1.34 and lvm 1.0.7.
In lvm package I have e2fsadm command;in e2fsprogs package I have resize2fs command.
In man page for e2fsadm it refers to ext2online to extend a mounted file system, but I have not that command.
Where can I find it?
On my system I have resize2fs. is it the same of ext2resize or they are different programs?
Are they mantained in parallel?
In which comprehensive package can I find ext2online? Is it production ready?
Thanks in advance,

Gianluca