problem with broken?! ext3 filesystem

Hi.

One of my ext3 partitions seems to be broken.
But the problem is: fsck doesn´t recognize or repair the broken filesystem.

But first let me tell how it is broken.
There are some files that seems to be broken. for example /etc/resolv.conf in this case.
Now, if I´ll try to read /etc/resolv.conf I get a error that /etc/resolv.conf doesn´t exists. But "ls" and so on list the file.
I tried to delete /etc/resolv.conf and get a new /etc/resolv.conf. This only worked until I rebooted.

So, I ran fsck again.

fsck.ext3 -fv /dev/hdb1
(program reports e2fsck version 1.35-WIP (07-Dec-2003))

I also run fsck.ext3 with the "-c" option.

But it is still broken.

Any ideas or maybe a solution?

Christian Korff

-