Crashed filesystem - directory recovery

Luigi Fabio lfabio_ext3users at smiling-web.com
Sun Feb 22 02:59:08 UTC 2004

On 21 Feb 2004 at 18:56, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> If you run e2fsck on the copied device, you should find any unattached
> items put into lost+found.  Of course, it is also possible that files
> in "arch" are also corrupted, depedning on location of 65MB of holes.
Interestingly enough, in lost+found there is no trace of arch - or of
any of the 18xx files it contained. There is, however, a subdir of
arch - I have to wonder, it seems very curious that only that single
file out of 1800 managed to survive. I do get asked by fsck to clear
a few inodes with too many errors at the beginning - would answering
'no' there help, perhaps?

> Cheers, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Dilger