Re: Getting ext3 up and running

Thank for you reply. I am "chicken" to start tampering with the kernel. When a
2.6* is reasonably stable, maybe I'll tackle that :-)

For now, I want a usable initrd.

The initrd procedure in the ext3-faq and an identical one in the Debian
reference yield a very large img. It is too big to be used as a lilo boot
menu item and used as an initrd, well this will not boot.