Re: Getting ext3 up and running

On Jan 6 David Baron wrote:

>Thank for you reply. I am "chicken" to start tampering with the kernel. When a
>2.6* is reasonably stable, maybe I'll tackle that :-)
>
>For now, I want a usable initrd.

For 2.4, you only need jbd then ext3. For 2.6 (which is "reasonably"
stable, and ext3 scales much better :), you need mbcache then jbd then
ext3. You don't need anything else, unless the block device your "/" lives
on is also build as modules.

Why not take the large initrd image and just "remove stuff"(tm) till lilo
will take it? Or just try grub..