Re: [OT] Re: Getting ext3 up and running

My loader will still not take that gz file. Flags and error and proceeds
withtout it. I tried a "fuller" one, 3meg, witht he same result.

It DOES take the cramf and panics.

There are options in the mkcramf for setting a blocksize and skipping 512
bytes for a boot record. Of course, I do not understand what all this is
doing but it should be possible to fix this.

(The reason for the difference might be what is actually in the kernels. I did
the knoppix hard disk install which puts up a Debian 2.4.22. Apparently,
copying the CD contents literally and making that hard-disk bootable is
different. No idea which is better but I have seen discouragement for using
the hd-install on Knoppix forums.)