Re: 2.4.24 I/O error breakage

--On 06 July 2004 15:38 +0100 "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct redhat com> wrote:

Right.  That has been the standard behaviour of ext2 and ext3 on certain
critical corruptions for a long time.  On ext3, it is usually
accompanied by log messages about the journal aborting; all future
writes get the EROFS fs-is-readonly error.

Of course, if this hits the partition with /var on it, your logs stop
being recorded too.

Can this happen due to a /single/ corruption? I would have thought I would see the controller/drive being reset and a retry or two before this happened.

Time for serial console anyway I guess.

Alex