Re: mode data=journal in ext3. Is it safe to use?

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:51:54 +1000
Daniel Pittman <daniel rimspace net> wrote:

> ext3 remains the only journaling filesystem that I would, personally,
> put any great degree of faith in, since it is still developed in a
> cautious and safe fashion, and has a focus on getting the tools to
> verify correctness in place before enabling kernel-side features.

I had more catastrophic losses of data on ext3 than on reiserfs. It turned
out to be a power supply problem, but still ... reiserfs on the same disk
survived just fine while ext3 was toasted beyond repair. YMMV.

--

Jure Peèar