Re: Desktop Filesystem Benchmarks in 2.6.3

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 02:41, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:30:32PM -0500, Andrew Ho wrote:
> > XFS is the best filesystem.
>
> Well it'd better be, it's 10 times the size of ext3, 5 times the size of
> ReiserFS and 3.5 times the size of JFS.
>
> And people say size doesn't matter.

Recoverability matters to me. The driver could be 10 megabyte and
*I* would not care. XFS seems to stand no matter how rudely the OS
is knocked down.

After a few hundred crashes (laptop, kids, drained batteries) I'd expect
something bad to happen, but no. XFS returns my data quickly and happily
everytime (as opposed to most of the time). Maybe the're a bit of luck.

Salute to XFS!

-- robin