Re: Megre ext3/ext2 partitions?

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf Hildebrandt charite de> wrote:

> * Manuel Ar?stegui Ramirez <manuaroste yahoo es>:
>
>>> Is it possible to merge two ext3/ext2 partitions
>>> into ONE ext3/ext2
>>> partition?
>>
>> Maybe GnuParted allow you to do that, but i'm not sure
>> about it.
>
> I haven't seen that option, thus I ask if it is possible at all.
> I could probably remove the 2nd partition, and expand the first. But
> that requires a backup of the 2nd partition.

Maybe the commercial/proprietary tool "Partition Magic"[1] is able to do
that, since they support ext2(3) and can merge fat & CO for years already.
But I don't have recent versions of Partition Magic so I don't really
know - ask them before purchasing that tool. But backing up before doing
that is a good idea in any case ;-)

Regards, Bodo
--
[1] http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/