Re: Megre ext3/ext2 partitions?

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:18:14AM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Manuel Ar?stegui Ramirez <manuaroste yahoo es>:
>
> > > Is it possible to merge two ext3/ext2 partitions
> > > into ONE ext3/ext2
> > > partition?
> > >
> > Maybe GnuParted allow you to do that, but i'm not sure
> > about it.
>
> I haven't seen that option, thus I ask if it is possible at all.
> I could probably remove the 2nd partition, and expand the first. But
> that requires a backup of the 2nd partition.

That's the only possible way of doing it today.

Trying to merge two filesystems might be possible if they were
adjacent, but it would require a huge amount of work, since inode and
block numbers would have to be found and renumbered.  This is
theoretically doable, but it would be an awful lot of work.

						- Ted