tests to see how ext3 reiserfs 3.6 and jfs survive disk errors.

Hi,

> But I do not think that your test is a fare one.

Of course the test is very simple. I am trying to simulate physical damage
of disk surface. It is simply a scratch leading to several damaged tracks.

> You overwrote area
> where reiserfs stored metadata for data you copied into it. (not sure
> about jfs, it probably has the same problem). Do you want to try to
> overwrite ext3's inode tables?

That is the problem. The ext2/3 inode tables are spread in all block
groups across entire disk. And damaging several continuous tracks doesn't
result in such a big data loss.

Cheers
Ivan