EXT3 + ACL + SAMBA problem

Hi,

I 've setup a SAMBA server under ext3 file system which uses the 'ACL' package ( http://acl.bestbits.at/) for restricting users. I've set 'default' permission for some directories using 'setfacl'. Everything works fine but, at times the default permission is not applied to newly created directories or files. I think that SAMBA is innocent in this case (i.e., it is purely an ACL or EXT3 filesystem problem). Because sometimes when I create directories by ssh-ing to the server, the same problem occurs.

Is this a bug of EXT3 filesystem? Or Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks Sudheer